RAVENOL Getriebeoel EPX SAE 140 GL4/GL-5 is a lubricating oil for mechanical transmissions based on high quality base oils and additives that are a balanced combination of active ingredients. Special high-pressure (EP) agents and other additives offer excellent wear protection even under severe operating conditions.
RAVENOL Getriebeoel EPX SAE 140 GL4/GL-5 is designed for use in highly loaded, hypoid gears for hypoid gearbox, as well as for axle, transfer case, transmission gear, auxiliary gearboxes in vehicles and machinery and for use as an extreme pressure gear oil where this grade of lubricant is specified by the manufacturer.
- good adhesion and pressure resistant lubricating film
- excellent oxidation stability
- exceptional viscosity-temperature behavior
- a low pour point
- excellent protection against rust and corrosion
- enhanced wear-inhibiting effect
- a good foam-resistant composition
- compatible with all types of metals and sealing materials
Technical Product Data
|Density at 20 °C||kg/m³||894,0||EN ISO 12185|
|Viscosity at 100 °C||mm²/s||26,0||DIN 51562-1|
|Viscosity at 40 °C||mm²/s||352,0||DIN 51562-1|
|Viscosity Index VI||97||DIN ISO 2909|
|Brookfield Viscosity at -12 °C||mPa*s||55.000||ASTM D2983|
|Pourpoint||°C||-21||DIN ISO 3016|
|Flashpoint||°C||222||DIN EN ISO 2592|
|Copper Strip Test at 121 °C||1b||ASTM D130|
All indicated data are approximate values and are subject to the commercial fluctuations.