RAVENOL Formel Super SAE 15W-40 is high quality multi-grade engine oil which corresponds to all requirements of modern carburettor and Diesel engines. It can be used in passenger cars as well as trucks. It fulfils the requirements of modern Diesel engines with or without supercharging. The favourable viscosity area ensures a high lubrication capacity all the year under different operation circumstances.
RAVENOL Formel Super SAE 15W-40 can be used according to the manufacturer specification for Diesel as well as Otto engines.
- Protection against corrosion
- A very good shear stability
- A very high oxidation stability
- An excellent viscosity temperature behaviour
- Efficient function of hydraulic shock absorbers (hydraulic valve compensation)
- Convincing detergent and dispersant attributes
- High security reserves even under limited lubrication conditions
- Neutrality against sealing materials
- Very good cold start attributes
- Avoids the formation of conglutinations, pigmenting, coking and accumulation of mud (black sludge) on cylinders, pistons, valves, sparking plugs and in turbo superchargers
- No problems with the use in catalyst vehicles
Technical Product Data
|Density at 20 °C||kg/m³||864,0||EN ISO 12185|
|Viscosity at 100 °C||mm²/s||14,2||DIN 51562-1|
|Viscosity at 40 °C||mm²/s||105,4||DIN 51562-1|
|Viscosity Index VI||137||DIN ISO 2909|
|Pourpoint||°C||-39||DIN ISO 3016|
|Flashpoint||°C||240||DIN EN ISO 2592|
|tbn||mg KOH/g||7,1||ASTM D2896|
|Sulphated Ash||%wt.||0,9||DIN 51575|
All indicated data are approximate values and are subject to the commercial fluctuations.